Friday, February 04, 2005

welcome aboard

...thought I would re-post the entry from the other blog site for those who couldn't access it....

The first enty of my travels abroad...
..Well, after the last few days of rushing around London I really couldn't be bothered doing much today..so just decided to go for a bit of a walk around the local neighbourhood.. I've taken a few pics of the area in which I'm currently living. The post box, a couple of street scenes, a couple of shots from the park and the house where I'm staying.
Why the post box? It's just little differences that I find really interesting. They still use the old red, rather ornate post boxes. I just find that quite quaint. I don't know how well these photos will turn out. It was extremely grey here today and going on 5.00pm now it's almost dark.
To view other photos which I have uploaded I'm referring you to the flickr site listed under the links.


My site is called "Fi Fi A Broad", although, at some point I will get around to sending some photos to this site.

Anyway, on my wanderings this arvo I came upon the next suburb/town called Neasden. It has quite a large population of Black Jamaicans and Nigerians, Indians, Pakistanis and Turks. ..mmm... so found myself in an Arabic/ Halal food store and have been enjoying a late lunch of stuffed eggplant, dolmades (stuffed vine leaves).. munched on some baklava on the way home and soon to be brewing up a very strong Turkish coffee. woohoo! Nothing like having a few heart palpitations before bedtime....zzzzzzzzzzz........
The food I bought was really quite cheap. I bought a few other things as well, so only had an outlay of about £20 today. Nice going. It is such a relief not to be paying inner city prices.
It was quite a nice walk back through a huge park across the road from the house. I can't afford to join a gym until I have a job so might just go running around this suburb in the meantime. One of the guys here said this is quite a dodgy neighbourhood, but the Indian lady at the chemist reassured me that I have landed in quite a lovely spot. I think so too. I find the multi-culturalism here just fantastic. It's actually the Irish pubs and dodgy bars that I saw that made my skin crawl. Think I'll be avoiding those joints.
Ok, hope you enjoy the pics from Oman. Promise to post some more soon.

1 comment:

Ben.H said...

Yay for photies! They look great (and so do you).