Saturday, February 12, 2005

a penny for your thoughts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/squidfiles/

Well.. it's been two weeks in London. I have managed to set up a bank account PLUS I've found a new job. It's really ace. The company runs exchange programs for American students in Europe. The perks of the job include being able to tag along on some of the day tours they provide, so I've booked in for a day trip to Stone Henge. woo hoo!

The latest photos have also been uploaded. Check the link above. As you'll see I've been doing a bit of sight seeing around London. Where was I last week? Oh yeah, Camden Town. Gotta go back there soon.

I've already been into the Tate Modern and heading in there again tomorrow. What impressed me the other day? Pollock, Picasso, Beckmann, Hesse, Warhol and a couple of installations by Bruce Nauman. One viewing is simply not enough. That includes the amazing structures of the place. Yeah... you can tell I was a big fan from the numerous photos posted.

Last night was my first introduction to London pub culture. I am NEVER doing the 'snakebites' again. sheesh! Mind you that was two pints following the vodka and the long island ice tea I'd just finished. Man... the chips were soggy. Yuk! And lo and behold, I heard more Aussie, Kiwi and Saffa accents than English.

Also, the Brits have absolutely no taste in music. Seriously! I was watching the British Music Awards the other night (yeah yeah... I would have had more entertainment reading my accounting books)... but who are the "Scissor Sister" and who cares? Bad music. But the Brits voted for them as best group over Green Day. Go figure...

Well it's off to the pub again tonight...... what else... But definitely no snakebites... I'll just stick to the pints of lager methinks.

I'm a bit over computers right now. Most of my new job literally involves delving in and out of spreadsheets and I just spent all day trying to edit those damn photos... can't wait til I have my own laptop.

ok, beer-o'clock time.

1 comment:

Ben.H said...

You think it's bad?

http://xrrf.blogspot.com/2005/02/eventually-it-arrives-on-television.html