Tuesday, November 01, 2005

what a load of rubbish...

Hi..long time..no communicate...exams, travel etc etc...

And man... there's like this totally crazy garbage woman (Crazy Bin-Lady) who lives in my flats...now I thought I had some compulsive obsessive tendencies.. being a bit of virgo neat freak an' all..but this chick really takes the cake... On both occasions I've come across her she's been going totally mental... at nobody in particular about people leaving their garbage lying around.. Mind you, to her credit, she got to the rubbish before I did. I mean, I was totally considering grabbing some full on rubber gloves and emptying out the hard rubbish space and putting the gar bags into the designated bins. ... she kinda got to it before I did.

Brits have a total dislike of rubbish bins. NOT EVERYONE USES THEM FOR BOMB DISPOSAL!!!!!

So now, with all the paranoia surrounding rubbish bins, they've totally removed them. And London is like this totally stinking, filthy tip. Londoners are oinkers.

It just seems like the most pointless waste of money to me to have people employed to pick up rubbish...

I mean, every other city has rubbish bins! They also have huge fines for dropping rubbish and the police it too.

Point in case: We are just recently arrived back home from Barcelona. Whilst there we noticed how clean the streets are. Everyone knows how to use a rubbish bin! Plus the streets are washed down every morning. PLUS!!!! We saw this guy drop his paper on the ground and then promptly accosted by about 4 cops making him pick it up. Now I don't know if that kind of policing is a throw back from the days of Franco, but I reckon it's not such a bad thing. ...Now you never hear tourists commenting on how clean a city London is....

I kid you not. Our block of flats has recently had major disputes over the dumping over rubbish, amongst other things like the basement car park being used as a beat, the lift not getting fixed, the stairs not being cleaned...Mind you, we sure do have some pigs living here too. Ashes and cigarette butts left in the internal stairwells, nappies left lying in front of the bin cage, wrappers etc etc...If I knew who it was, then rest assured it would be shoved back in their mailbox.

Crazy Bin-Ladie was in fine form this time around. Ready to declare war on every other resident in the flats. Inconspicuously going down the stairs to have a sticky beak about what the row was about, I inadvertently found myself the nominated UN delegate. And true to this status I calmed the immediate situation, but have done nothing since. Work, exams, partying...other mitigating circumstances...yada yada... well, the intention is there to get this resolved....Me and the landlord are going to have words...Word!

No comments: