Monday, November 21, 2005

brrr....!!!!

It's absolutely freezing over here in London right now. The five day forecast is showing max temps of 6C and minimum overnight for 1C. ... and boy am I cursing the housekeeping staff at the hotel I was in for work last week, claiming I didn't leave my warm black jumper behind. Yeah sure, I had it on while I was at the hotel and then it wasn't in my bag on the night I got home and was unpacking...

It's one of those things. I'm sure everyone has their fave jumper/ sweater. It was only £16 at BHS, but it had quickly become my fave jumper. Now with Christmas coming closer, the last thing I feel like doing is battling the shopping crowds on Oxford Street to go back and get myself another one..

And as much as I'd love something warm for lunch, I'm refusing to go for the tinned soup at work. Poison. Worse than instant coffee... and I already do far too much of that, so don't want to attack my immune system any more than is necessary.

But I cooked a great risotto last night. Trust the good ole Aussie Womens' Weekly recipe books. Can't go wrong there. Only thing is trying to get half of the ingredients over here in the UK. London is not exactly reknowned for its variety of fresh food.

No comments: