Saturday, June 21, 2008

west end woes

Direct from my Facebook wall:

For those of you who live in Brisbane...if you value good service and time with friends at cafes...then NEVER go to ESPRESSOHEAD on Boundary Street, West End.

What was meant to be a pleasant day catching up with friends whilst in Australia turned into going to the cafe from hell. Gordon Ramsay would have a field day there.

We had to wait over an hour for food, after having to flag down a waiter, the staff were incredibly rude to us when we asked to add to our drink order (which still hadn't arrived) and then when we went to pay, some weedy little twat ran out and abused me..literally started yelling at me 'The kitchen's closed ok!'...little fucker...Don't know how I managed to remain calm. And then they had the nerve to slap the public holiday surcharge of 15% on us...Unbelievable...

Seriously, and at the risk of sounding quite pompous, but I've now been to many cafes across Europe and I can honestly say that I've never experienced anything as bad as Espressohead!

2 comments:

Shen said...

Are you in Brisbane now?
Or is this someone else's story?

FionaB said...

Hi..I've returned to London now, about a week ago. It was just a very short visit this time. And I can confirm that unfortunately this is in fact my story. It happened on the Monday of the Queen's Birthday Long Weekend. It was just so disappointing...what should have been a pleasant trip down Boundary Street...turning into disaster.