Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

Hi Everyone...hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. It's 2.20am here in London right now. I'm sitting in bed with my laptop, learning the joys of You Tube and reconnecting myself with the world of the internet and technology. Oh joy. This is what happens when you leave a stressful job that either took up 70 - 80 hours a week of your life or sent you to wonderful surroundings like Slough and Stockley Park. Oh Boy, I do not miss the early morning starts, the 5 interchanges to get to work and then spending the next 8 hrs or so putting up with belittlement from senior managers.

Nup! I quit! Woohoo!. So for the last couple of months, I have been travelling in Australia and New Zealand and starting a new job here in London, and now enjoying my Christmas break.

Well, our travels were over a 5 week period; 2 nights in Dubai, 2 weeks in Melbourne, 1 week in New Zealand, and 10 days in Brisbane. The highlight for me had to be the week we spent in New Zealand on the South Island. Staying in sunny Nelson with my sister and her husband, and then travelling around the Abel Tasman National Park and up to the hot springs that were Hamner Springs.


Take a squiz at this:


Not bad, huh??? And what about this one?


And finally one more:


Yes, it is very much alive. It had just positioned itself in a rather unfortunate spot and was subject to a very cruel battering by the wind and sand. However, we didn't want to get too close. They seemed unhappy as it was and kind of barked at us if we were getting too near. Truly amazing.



No comments: