Wednesday, October 03, 2007

karaoke - is bad at all levels

Why is it that people feel the need to make complete dicks of themselves and attempt to sing at Karaoke? It usually involves copious amounts of alcohol being consumed first and then some dodo thinking they just have to do 'American Pie' or 'Twist n Shout'....sheesh!

Anyway, maybe it's just me feeling very bitter and twisted about the world. This was all in conjunction with work promotion drinks....and guess what...I didn't get promoted...no point going into reasons why...just not happy about it...that's all.... But I was there for my friend who did get promoted, so I'm glad for her sake. And for the sweet boy who sits next to me at work. I'm now his official groupie...after his absolutely dreadful attempt at karaoke...The Japanese have a lot to answer for.

But actually, I'm thinking along the lines of taking the route another friend of mine has just started on...quitting my job and going travelling...quit being a desk jockey....spend all my savings and go and see the world...Well, in a few weeks I'll be back in Australia and then New Zealand. Looking forward to seeing Nelson Bay in particular, where my sister now lives with her husband. I hope the weather is good.

Hmm....might not return to work....

No comments: