Wednesday, January 24, 2007

oooohhh....pretty

A slightly backdated post..but this is how the first snow experience of the year was...

At last. Snow! It was so exciting to peep out the window this morning and see a decent layer of snow on the ground, the rooftops, the cars, the trees etc... It kinda makes putting up with winter over here worthwhile. Sorry, I don't have any of my own pics, as I was running late and had to race out the door to catch the train to work for my 9.00am meeting that I was meant to be hosting.

So I put the trainers on and scooted out the door..hit the ice...and...almost went for a spill..great.. the vision of being splattered on the pavement went through my mind. Not more damage to my already badly sprained wrist...yikes!

Of course, any sign of deviation in weather patterns in this country means the transport system goes haywire. A business man arriving at Luton airport from Slovenia pointed out that other European countries have several feet of snow and their transport system manages to run ok...why is that everything crumbles to a halt in the UK? It's not like it's the first time they've experienced these weather conditions...Go figure.

No comments: